Published: 11 March 2020. Updated: 20 March 2020.
Change your booking free of charge up to and including 14 April
Based on the current situation, Nordic Choice Hotels has decided to change its terms for changes to existing bookings. All prepaid bookings (Club Price Prepaid and Web Price Prepaid) for stays between 13 March and 14 April 2020 can not be cancelled but rebooked free of charge. If the price for the new stay dates is higher, the difference is to be paid by the guest. Contact our Customer Service to change your booking.
From 20 March 2020, this also applies to special offers. If you have booked a room with a special offer between 20 March - 14 April 2020, you are welcome to change your booking free of charge. Please note that you will be required to pay for any price differences resulting from these new dates.
Free rebooking does not apply to group bookings.
General cancellation terms
Prepaid bookings made via our website (www.nordicchoicehotels.com) for stays on other dates than the stipulated period (13 March - 14 April 2020) cannot be changed.
How to change your booking
- Contact our Customer Service by calling (+47) 22 33 42 00.
How to cancel your booking
- If you have received your booking confirmation via email, you can use the link provided to cancel your booking.
- If you are a member of the Nordic Choice Club, please log in to My Page and cancel your booking there.
- If you are not a member, you can cancel here if you have your booking reference.
If you have booked your stay via another operator such as Hotels.com, Expedia or Booking.com, please check the specific cancellation terms and conditions for these operators.
You can view the most common terms and conditions for cancellations here.
In the interests of the general public and our guests, we have summarised the actions being taken by Nordic Choice Hotels to maintain safe environments for all those spending time in our premises.
New procedures for food & beverages at our hotels
The safety of our guests and staff is our top priority at all times. In order to minimise the risk of spreading the new coronavirus (COVID-19), Nordic Choice Hotels is temporarily changing its procedures regarding food and beverages.
- Breakfast buffets at our hotels will be replaced with packed breakfasts.
- All conference buffets are replaced with plated meals.
- The evening buffets at our Clarion Collection hotels are replaced with plated meals.
- The "Fika" service at our Clarion Collection hotels is cancelled.
- In Norway, these changes were introduced on Thursday 12 March 2020.
- In Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Latvia and Lithuania, these changes are being introduced on Monday 16 March 2020.
Cleaning procedures at our hotels
We have introduced extra resources and even more stringent procedures for thorough cleaning of our hotel rooms between stays. These following procedures apply to our housekeeping services:
- We use effective chemicals that are both gentle and eco-friendly.
- All surfaces, including door handles, light switches, remote controls and hairdryers are cleaned thoroughly.
- Our housekeeping staff use one pair of single use rubber gloves per room.
- Our housekeeping staff use one set of cleaning cloths per room.
Safety procedures at our hotels
All hotels within Nordic Choice Hotels follow the recommendations, advice and instructions being issued by the health authorities in the six countries where we operate. We are carefully following the development of the recommendations issued by the health authorities and are updating our procedures accordingly.
At the hotels we are extra vigilent with respect to the safety situation for guests and employees. We consider it to be safe for hotel guests, conference guests and employees to operate our organisation as normal as long as we adhere to the guidelines issued by the authorities.
As a part of preventing the risk of spreading the virus, spa facilities, gyms, bars and restaurants might close for a period of time.
In case a situation arises, in which a guest or employees is suspected of being infected with the new Corona virus (COVID-19), we will follow the instructions issued by the health authorities. We also have an agreement with a security company that can provide advice to the hotel management in such a scenario.
Procedures to minimise and manage the risk of infection:
- All hotels adhere to a central action plan to deal with any case(s) of infection.
- We have received specific advice from our security company about how we should act as a hotel operator.
- Employees have been instructed on how best to deal with the current situation and how they can avoid becoming infected.
- We abstain from shaking hands, and avoid situations in which we could be exposed to people sneezing, coughing or similar.
- We have increased the use of antibacterial spray and hand sanitizer.
- We encourage our employees and guests to be extra diligent with hand hygiene.
This page will be updated when new information about advice or guidelines from relevant health authorities becomes available.