Published: March 11 2020. Updated: May 20 2020.
We take infection control extremely seriously and do our utmost to ensure that you are safe when you visit our hotels or stay with us. Nordic Choice Hotels follows official recommendations with respect to infection control of Covid-19.
For guests this means that we:
- Maintain good hand hygiene with frequent handwashing and the use of hand sanitizer.
- Regularly clean communal areas and surfaces that are touched frequently.
- Keep at least 1 metre away from others.
- Tell you about infection prevention measures, both verbally and through posters and notices.
- Stay at home if we feel unwell.
Routines and measures to control infection at Nordic Choice Hotels
- Regular cleaning of surfaces in the reception, toilets, elevators, staircases, etc.
- Regular cleaning of surfaces in conference rooms, restaurants and breakfast areas.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use in all communal areas.
- Thorough cleaning with extra focus on surfaces that are frequently used, such as door handles, light switches, sinks, hairdryers and remote controls.
- Breakfast bags are handed out or available for collection at most of our hotels.
- Some hotels have opened up their breakfast buffets, and follows the official recommendations closely in doing so.
- Displays on coffee machines and juice dispensers etc. are regularly cleaned.
- Tables, chairs and menus are all cleaned between guests.
- We offer table service only.
- We ensure that seated guests are at least 1 metre apart.
- We make sure to avoid queueing in and outside the restaurant.
- Tables, chairs and other surfaces are thoroughly cleaned both before and after conferences.
- Tables/chairs must be at least 1 metre away from each other.
- Frequently used areas and surfaces are regularly cleaned during conferences. We are extra careful with items and surfaces that are touched often, e.g. technical equipment, coffee machines and door handles.
In case a situation arises, in which a guest or employees is suspected of being infected with the new Corona virus (COVID-19), we will follow the instructions issued by the health authorities.
Change your booking free of charge up to and including July 31
Based on the current situation, Nordic Choice Hotels has decided to change its terms for changes to existing bookings. All prepaid bookings (Club Price Prepaid and Web Price Prepaid) for stays between March 13 and July 31, 2020 can not be cancelled but rebooked free of charge. If the price for the new stay dates is higher, the difference is to be paid by the guest. Contact our Customer Service to change your booking.
If you have a pre-paid booking for stays up until July 31, 2020, you can change it to a later stay date free of charge. If you do not want to travel anymore, or is uncertain of when you can travel again, you can request a travel voucher for your prepaid amount (valid for one year and only for your booked hotel). Please contact us in writing to email@example.com for voucher requests. Unfortunately, we do not refund these types of bookings and ask you to contact your insurance company if needed.
From March 20, 2020, this also applies to special offers. If you have booked a room with a special offer between March 20 - July 31, 2020, you are welcome to change your booking free of charge. Please note that you will be required to pay for any price differences resulting from these new dates. It does not apply to the campaigns My Summer Treat or Unlimited Nights.
Free rebooking does not apply to group bookings.
General cancellation terms
Prepaid bookings made via our website (www.nordicchoicehotels.com) for stays on other dates than the stipulated period (March 13 - July 31, 2020) cannot be changed.
How to change your booking
- Contact our Customer Service by calling (+47) 22 33 42 00.
How to cancel your booking
- If you have received your booking confirmation via email, you can use the link provided to cancel your booking.
- If you are a member of the Nordic Choice Club, please log in to My Page and cancel your booking there.
- If you are not a member, you can cancel here if you have your booking reference.
If you have booked your stay via another operator such as Hotels.com, Expedia or Booking.com, please check the specific cancellation terms and conditions for these operators.
You can view the most common terms and conditions for cancellations here.
This page will be updated when new information about advice or guidelines from relevant health authorities becomes available.